Saturday, January 31, 2015

Banana Coconut Bread


Too many ripe bananas in the fruit bowl?
Need a gluten-free recipe?
Need a little more fiber in your diet?
A cake for a sugar-free diet?
This delicious recipe covers it all.

This cake not only surprises on taste, but its a remarkably healthy alternative.


Banana Coconut Bread

Ingredients

12-14 dates, seeded and chopped
3 bananas, mashed
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbspn chia seeds
1 Tbspn brown rice protein
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1 tsp bi-carb soda
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup brown or white rice flour


Method

  1. Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
  2. Line or grease a loaf tin.
  3. In a medium sized bow, mix melted coconut oil with vanilla, eggs, mash bananas, dates and bi-carb.
  4. Add shredded coconut, chia seeds, brown rice protein and rice flower. Mix through well with a whisk.
  5. Pour into the prepared loaf tin.
  6. Bake for 45-60 minutes. Test the centre with a skewer to see if it comes out clean before removing from the oven.
  7. Let loaf sit in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.



Coconut Oil, Bananas, Dates, Bi-Carb

To that is then added the Shredded Coconut, Chia Seeds, Brown Rice Protein and Rice Flour.

Lined loaf tin - baked at 180ºC for 50 minutes

Very yummy! Even sugary cake addicts will love this as a change.

1 comment:

  1. I just got 2 super dwarft banana plants( fruiting) what can I feed then? Last time I fed citrus food. Had great roots then I guess I over watered the roots turned black & died. Nothing I could do to bring back . Any ideas I can do? I also had it in vary small pot. That I'll change. Any ideas? They say there heavy feeders . Which is higher feeder banana or citrus? That's all I hear about both . I have a 125 CFL bulb 6400 K . Ppl say it closest to natural light, is it ? No ones ever answered that question??

    ReplyDelete