Too many ripe bananas in the fruit bowl?
Need a gluten-free recipe?
Need a little more fiber in your diet?
A cake for a sugar-free diet?
This delicious recipe covers it all.
This cake not only surprises on taste, but its a remarkably healthy alternative.
Banana Coconut Bread
12-14 dates, seeded and chopped
3 bananas, mashed
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbspn chia seeds
1 Tbspn brown rice protein
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1 tsp bi-carb soda
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup brown or white rice flour
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Line or grease a loaf tin.
- In a medium sized bow, mix melted coconut oil with vanilla, eggs, mash bananas, dates and bi-carb.
- Add shredded coconut, chia seeds, brown rice protein and rice flower. Mix through well with a whisk.
- Pour into the prepared loaf tin.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes. Test the centre with a skewer to see if it comes out clean before removing from the oven.
- Let loaf sit in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
|Coconut Oil, Bananas, Dates, Bi-Carb|
|To that is then added the Shredded Coconut, Chia Seeds, Brown Rice Protein and Rice Flour.|
|Lined loaf tin - baked at 180ºC for 50 minutes|
Very yummy! Even sugary cake addicts will love this as a change.